- BT broadband has superb coverage and availability. Its superfast broadband service (30Mbps+) is available to more than 97% of the UK. Its ultra-fast, full fibre broadband service along with G.fast service reaches nearly 6m UK homes. Its 5G service which you can add to broadband, is now live in 100 cities and towns.
- Next generation, BT Smart Hub 2 is one of the best WiFi routers that can simply connect more devices and get the fast, strong signal in every room. Security features are flawless.
- Stay Fast Guarantee and Complete WiFi guarantee promise faster speeds or you can claim money back. BT does not slow down speeds, as it promises truly unlimited broadband service to its customers.
- Broadband Extras like free public WiFi, BT Cloud and Virus Protect help you get great value for your money.
- BT broadband packages are quite expensive when compared to Plusnet and TalkTalk.
- BT broadband deals come with 24 month contract
|Fibre Essential |
36Mb Unlimited data PAYG calls
24 month contract
|Fibre 1 |
50Mb Unlimited data PAYG calls
24 month contract
|£70 Gift card||£29.99 /month|
|Fibre 2 |
67Mb Unlimited data PAYG calls
24 month contract
|£100 Gift card||£33.99 /month|
BT Broadband Features
BT Smart Hub
Smart Hub is the broadband wireless router from BT. Available with all fibre packages for no extra cost. Smart Hub is designed to offer strong signal around your home. It’s tweaked to offer the best WiFi performance using features like 7 antenna, smart channel selection and smart scan.
The new BT Smart Hub 2 is included with Complete Wi-Fi or with selected fibre packages. Complete Wi-Fi ensures that you get more reliable, stronger WiFi signal in all rooms.
Stay Fast Guarantee
BT fibre packages come with Stay Fast Guarantee which allows you to claim £20 Reward Card, if you can’t get the promised speeds.
UK based customer support
BT offers UK and Ireland based customer service to broadband customers.
BT Complete WiFi
Complete WiFi gives you wi-fi guarantee that you get signal in all rooms or you can claim money back.
Wi-Fi disc is provided along with Smart Hub to ensure strong signal in every room. BT app helps you mange wi-fi network in your home to enhance the reception of signal in every room.
Truly Unlimited Broadband
BT offers unlimited broadband with no limits on downloads so extra usage charges never apply.
BT also promises faster speeds all the time as broadband speeds are not slowed down.
BT Virus Protect
You get online protection on your devices from malware, viruses and other online threats
BT offers up to 2000GB of cloud storage to backup all your data.
BT offers standard broadband (ADSL), superfast broadband (FTTC) and ultrafast broadband.
- Standard broadband comes with an average download speed of 10Mbps.
- Superfast Fibre broadband comes with five different average download speeds – 36Mbps, 50Mbps, 67Mbps,145Mbps, 250Mbps and 300Mbps.
- Full fibre broadband which can deliver 100Mbps – 300Mbps speeds is available in selected areas.
Ofcom Broadband Speed report May 2020
Latest Ofcom broadband speed report May 2020 is based on the tests conducted during November 2019.
As per the report, BT broadband packages delivered the following speeds:
The UK Broadband regulator Ofcom has published its latest annual report 2020 on customer satisfaction for home broadband broadband providers including BT. The survey was conducted in January 2020.
86% of the customers were found to be satisfied with BT broadband service overall, as per the table:
See the full Ofcom report
Likewise, broadband complaints against BT service also remained lower (13 complaints per 100,000 customers) during Q3 2019, according to the latest Ofcom’s consumer complaints report 2020 released in January 2020.
You can choose TV and broadband packages from BT, however, standalone TV plans are not available to customers.
BT TV includes You View boxes and a wide range of TV channels like BT Sport, movies, entertainment, kids, 4K Ultra HD and catch up.
Read our BT TV Review
Broadband packages include PAYG calls to all UK landlines, UK mobiles and 0845 and 0870 numbers excluding the Channel Islands that will cost 20p per minute. Line rental £20.20 a month is included in the broadband tariff so no extra charges apply.
You can upgrade to Anytime calls, Unlimited minutes and International Freedom
BT phone comes with features like Call Diversion, 1471, Caller Display and the free BT Call Protect feature to help you stop unwanted calls.
BT 4G mobile plans can be added to your broadband and you get £5 discount on monthly plans.
BT Mobile offers SIM only deals and handset plans that include iPhone, selected smartphones and tablets. Data only SIM deals are also available to customers who can use them in iPad, tablet or mobile devices.
Family SIM plan allows you to get up to 5 SIMs with one subscription and get 20% off. There is also money back guarantee within 30 days of subscription.
Add ons help you get extra speed, roaming and Wi-Fi & 4G calling.