Virgin Media offers the fastest, widely available ultrafast broadband packages to homes and businesses using its cable based, fibre network.
- Virgin Media fibre broadband is available as broadband & phone bundles or broadband only plans (no phone line).
- Like Sky and BT, Virgin Media also offers quad-play packages (broadband, TV, home phone and mobile SIM) which combine superfast, fibre optic broadband, landline service and a wide range of TV packages on a single deal.
- The new Volt quad-play bundles include 5G mobile SIM (O2 network) with 10GB or unlimited data.
Virgin Media offers three major types of broadband deals.
Virgin Media Broadband and Phone
There are four packages that include Virgin broadband and home phone. Talk Weekend is included at no extra cost.
M50 Fibre Broadband & Talk Weekends
Broadband with an average download speed of 54Mbps and an average upload speed of 5Mbps.
M100 Fibre Broadband & Talk Weekends
Broadband with an average download speed of 108Mbps and an average upload speed of 10Mbps.
M200 Fibre Broadband & Talk Weekends
Broadband with an average download speed of 213Mbps and an average upload speed of 20Mbps.
M350 Fibre Broadband & Talk Weekends
Broadband with an average download speed of 362Mbps and an average upload speed of 36Mbps.
M500 Fibre Broadband & Talk Weekends
Broadband with an average download speed of 516Mbps and an average upload speed of 36Mbps.
Gig1 Fibre Broadband & Talk Weekends
Broadband with an average download speed of 1130Mbps and an average upload speed of 52Mbps.
|M100 and Weekends||108 Mbps||£34 p/m|
|M200 and Weekends||213 Mbps||£40 p/m|
|M350 and Weekends||362 Mbps||£46 p/m|
|M500 and Weekends||516 Mbps||£52 p/m|
|Gig1 and Weekends||1130 Mbps||£64 p/m|
- Free calls include landline calls to numbers beginning 01, 02 and 03 and Virgin Mobile numbers and 0870 numbers during weekends (Saturday & Sunday).
- Minimum 18 month contract applies.
- £35 setup fee will apply.
Virgin Media Broadband Only Plans
Virgin Media is one of the major broadband providers that offer broadband without landline, means, you can Virgin broadband without Virgin Phone line.
There are four plans and they currently come with free set up fee and 18 month minimum contract.
|M350||362 Mbps||£32 p/m|
|M100||108 Mbps||£24 p/m|
|M200||213 Mbps||£28 p/m|
|M500||516 Mbps||£36 p/m|
Special Offer: £95 voucher included.
Virgin Media Broadband, Phone and TV
Virgin Media offers triple-play bundles (broadband, phone and TV) with option to add mobile service powered by O2 network.
- Its TV service comes with 4K enabled Virgin TV 360 Box and includes 110 – 270 TV channels.
- In a nutshell, Virgin Media bundles allow you to pick TV packs (Mixit or Maxit), TV Picks and add-ons like Netflix, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema.
- You can choose the the speeds (from 108Mbps to 1130Mbps) that best suit your needs.
- The bundles include free weekend calls or anytime calls, depending on the bundle you choose.
- There are three bundles which you can customise to include additional features.
It includes M100 fibre broadband (108Mbps average download speed), 110+ TV channels and Talk Weekends.
It includes M200 fibre broadband (213Mbps average download speed), 230+ TV channels and Talk Weekends. BT Sport Ultimate and ESPN included.
Ultimate Volt Bundle
It includes Gig1 fibre broadband (1130Mbps average download speed), 270+ TV channels and Talk More Anytime. BT Sport Ultimate, ESPN, Sky Sports HD and Sky Cinema HD included
bundle + Movies
One-off setup fee (usually £35) and 18 month contract will apply.
Virgin Media Hub 3 is the standard supplied with its ultrafast broadband plans and big bundles.
Gig1 plan (1130Mbps), however, includes the faster Hub 4 router as standard equipment while the latest Hub 5 is also available for upgrade.
Hub 3 WiFi router comes with Intelligent WiFi feature to ensure faster, more reliable wireless speeds on multiple devices all around the home.
With the Connect App and boosters, the WiFi connections can be easily managed for optimum performance.
Virgin Media cable broadband uses the DOCSIS 3.1 technology and offers much faster and more reliable speeds, when compared to other providers.
Virgin Media fibre optic broadband offers average download speeds which range between 54Mbps and 1130Mbps. Various plans are now available as dual broadband & phone packages and triple-play TV, broadband & phone bundles. Quad-play bundles include O2 SIM with 5G data.
All Virgin Media broadband packages come with unlimited usage, Virgin Hub 3 and free weekend UK calls.
With Virgin Media broadband, you get following free extras:
- Free access to Virgin Media WiFi on London Underground
- Web Safe online protection.
- F-Secure internet security
- Free Virgin Media Connect app
Virgin Media fibre optic broadband offers various average download speeds with its plans – 54Mbps, 108Mbps, 213Mbps, 362Mbps, 516Mbps and 1130Mbps.
Average speed is the speed achievable by at least 50% of the customers at peak time (8 – 10pm).
Virgin Media superfast & ultrafast speeds are great for large households with many devices and for streaming HD videos & quicker downloads.
However, the actual speeds received at users’ end could vary. Below is the performance of various Virgin Media broadband packages, according to Ofcom 2021 broadband speed report.
Download speed (8 – 10pm)
According to the annual Ofcom 2021 report on broadband customer satisfaction, 80% of Virgin Media broadband customers are happy with its service quality.
See the full Ofcom report
Virgin Media broadband customer complaints report
According to Ofcom’s quarterly report 2019 on broadband customer complaints, Virgin Media complaints reduced to 15 complaints per 100,000 customers in Q2 2021.
See the full Ofcom report
Virgin Media broadband is not cheap, but it offers ultrafast speeds and extras that really offer value for money.
It offers a wide range of speed options – from 54Mbps to 1130Mbps and also offers more triple play TV, broadband and phone bundles than other providers.
Its Hub 3 and Hub 4 are among the most reliable routers, while its free public WiFi allows you to connect and get ultra-fast speeds without the need for expensive mobile data.
Virgin Media service is award-winning and very reliable, as it received good ratings in various customer surveys including Ofcom’s nation-wide surveys..